Made me a Folding Buck Saw

BILLy

Apr 16, 2005
NORTH WALES
As Tittle, thought I would give it a go, it`ll come in handy for my canoe trips,( I do take my own wood as well ), as it pretty light and compact.

Saw in it`s Case.jpgSaw out of Case.jpgStarting to Unfold.jpgIt`s ready for assembling.jpgInserting the cross member.jpgWith the Para cord attached.jpgLittle grove for the Cross pin.jpgWith pin twisted in paracord.jpgComplete.jpgIn the Log Shed.jpg

BILLy

Apr 16, 2005
NORTH WALES
Kiln dried burch, it probably won't be the strongest but it's what I have a lot of. It cuts really well to be fair.
Thanks all for your comments.

grey-array

Feb 14, 2012
The Netherlands
Really cool Billy, I'm working on one myself atm so will post that one too soon, I like the round peg idea, you dont see that very often and it has a certain amount of style.
Yours sincerely Ruud

milius2

Maker
Jun 8, 2009
Lithuania
That's the best buck saw project I've seen! Very well made and looks practical. I like the idea of a bag for it! Looks like another project on my forewer growing "to do" list :)

Skaukraft

Settler
Apr 8, 2012
Norway
Very nice! It's just one of the little things that looks and feels right.
I have to stop reading posts in here, there is just to much good ideas and inspiration.

BILLy

Apr 16, 2005
NORTH WALES
That's the best buck saw project I've seen! Very well made and looks practical. I like the idea of a bag for it! Looks like another project on my forewer growing "to do" list :)

Thanks very much for your comments, I was happily surprised how well it cuts, it has a Bahco Sandvik hard point blade on it,
Cheers
Bill

BILLy

Apr 16, 2005
NORTH WALES
Nice one. goodjob
Does the dowel fit in "sloppy" so the blade can be tensioned?

Hi, no its not a sloppy fit, it's kinda snug I would say, if you cut the dowel about 3/8 of an inch shorter than the blade length, then this gives it enough room to be tensioned so it a stiff cut and the blade does not warp to to speak when cutting,
Cheers
Bill

BILLy

Apr 16, 2005
NORTH WALES
I have made two more of these saws, Do you guys think there would be any interest if I put them up for sale on that auction site?
If so, what would be a reasonable price.
Cheers
Bill

The mad welshman

Tenderfoot
Apr 29, 2012
Louth. Lincs
I made a buck saw a few months but I am unable to put any pictures up yet but Ill give you a show when I can....any idea how long you have to be a member before you can post pictures on this forum

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE