Made a leather belt

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
£46 for a "hand stitched leather belt" I dont think so at the moment!

So as I rearly wanted this particular belt (I'll let you guess which famous one), I decided to make one using the same peice of leather and brass buckle.

It cost £6.34 and 1.5 hrs of easy pleasent work, and ive never even made one before.

Not tooled, and not as neat but it'll do me fine, and love wearing it. The one it replaced has lasted 13 years of everyday use holding up all manor of garments and probably would last the same again, but thought i'd have a go and fancied a longer one for the already festive belly!

Addo

addo

Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Cheers RB.
Cow I think, dyed thru veg-tan strap 1 1/2" from le-prevo.
Might tool it one day, just happy to get to this stage to be honest!

Barney

Settler
Aug 15, 2008
Lancashire
easy belts arn't they.;)

you should fold over the front though that bit of kip looks weak, with Christmas coming up and all.

addo

Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Yeah was going to fold it over but wanted a couple of extra inches in length as I want it to go round all my winter clothing when wearing tunics and the like.

Shouldn't be week as the piece of leather is the same I used for the knife sheath I made using 3mm thick peice, saddle stiched with very strong waxed thread.

addo

Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
nice one Addo.

I'll have one off you when you start the production line.:D

How's the leg ?

Cheers Andy, bit busy making all sorts of items at the mo, so going to give the belt production line a miss at the mo :) Might bear it mind for the future though. Recomend folks having a go though, if people can make hobo stoves theres no other skills needed for belts, unless decoration is intended

Legs getting stronger every day ta, should be just full weight bearing for the winter meet :D

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
Cheers Andy, bit busy making all sorts of items at the mo, so going to give the belt production line a miss at the mo :) Might bear it mind for the future though. Recomend folks having a go though, if people can make hobo stoves theres no other skills needed for belts, unless decoration is intended

Legs getting stronger every day ta, should be just full weight bearing for the winter meet :D

Good to hear about the leg mate.

I'm rubbish at making things, take for instance the 6 foot high bird table i made, everyone said the birds would have virtigo it was that high. I used an off cut from a door, hence the height.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE