Mac OS X Tiger is Grrrrreeatt!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Moonraker

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 20, 2004
Dorset & France
Installed Apple Mac OS X 10.4 aka Tiger on the Mac yesterday (release day :) )and so far everything is fine with few compatibility issues to speak of. What a great OS this is turning into! If you are not sure whether to upgrade from 10.3 then you should! def worth the money for some very cool features such as Dashboard and Spotlight etc...

dashboardanim.gif

Dashboard is simply wonderful and will get even better. You have to try it to appreciate it :D

indexfeature20050412.jpg

Spotlight truly is amazing and will change the way you use the Mac forever. Now I will forget all my careful filing of emails in Mail as I can find whatever I like so easily. But if I wanted to I can set up a 'Smart' Mailbox" called 'Bill' and tell it to auto add any posts with the word 'bill' in the 'From' and it simply adds any emails with that rule to the folder. Bingo! instant filing of emails.

But with Spotlight you just type in the name and it gives you all the emails as well as loads of other categories including such cool features as being able to do a slideshow of photos found for a word search and then open in full screen and expand to size of window, send as an email. You can natively make anything into a .PDF file with lots of ready to go options like compress or b&W pdf filters.

If you go to Displays in System Preferences you now can select Rotate! built in support for monitor rotation...

Security is better than ever which we are used to on a Mac :)

Even if it is only one over over 200+ new features , you must try the http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000807035571/]RSS Screen Saver[/url] feature. Go to Safari select some RSS feeds from sites like BBC etc bookmark them then go to System Preferences - Desktop & Screen Saver - select RSS Visualizer - click Options - select the RSS feed you want - then click Test and be impressed ;-)

So much to play with, so little time ;-)

If you have any queries or issues with Tiger just post here and I will be happy to help where I can.

Mactastic :)

Last edited by a moderator:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE