M.O.D Survival Knife Sheath ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
I've been thinking of buying a Nylon Sheath for my Old M.O.D Issue Knife and wanted to know / hear your thoughts on this Sheath Type as I've only ever used my knife with the Leather and Frog sheaths. Is it worth the cost?.
cheers

Oliver G

Sep 15, 2012
Ravenstone, Leicestershire
I've got one of the DPM one with a pouch for a DC4 in, it's much more comfortable than the leather one and not an issue to dry out if it gets wet.

I had a leather one but got frustrated with it being left handed so I stitched it an inverted it to make a right handed version.

Rabid

Nomad
Dec 15, 2014
Sleaford Lincolnshire
I bought a nylon sheath for mine from Penrith Survival (alas no more), it was far better than the leather one and held the knife far safer, I wasn't worried about loosing it,don't hesitate get a nylon sheath.

bgreen

Apr 6, 2016
UK
When I bought my MOD survival knife from Heinnie Haynes I also bought the below nylon sheath (after reading some reviews on Heinnie's site). Fairly cheap and knife fits fine. Don't know if it's what you had in mind but might be worth a look.

PREPER

Settler
Dec 31, 2009
Notts
I adapted a British army plce olive frog bayonet? sheath for mine.
Also used one for my Laplander saw.
Cut them down and a did a bit of rustic sewing and they work fine.
Preper...... :)

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
''Cancel this ?''
Can someone please tell me the Width of this Blade as a mate's just asked me and in all honestly it's in my Bergen in the Loft.
cheer's

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE