Luxe Megahorn 2 Stove

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

widu13

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 9, 2008
Ubique Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
How is this compared to Golite SL5? I know the golite isn't stove compatible(Mod time?), but it is quite a bit lighter.

Bear in mind that 1kg of the weight is the inner which you can leave behind. There's not much in it, but yes the FL is marginally lighter.

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
Yeah I did think that about the rain but over night when the stove cools down, if the rain was quite heavy I think it would come in quite a bit.
It would be easy enough to fit a coolie-hat type cap around the flue pipe just above the heat shield.

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
Enlighten me Ian what is a coolie hat type thing?

A shallow cone with a hole in the middle. Similar to what you have right at the top of the flue but bigger to cover the top f the shield and slightly above it to prevent it overheating.
Summat like this...

cooliehat.jpg

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Nicely done Dave, that looks sound mate

I had worries with my Bergans but the heatshield on the Helsport works fine too. It still got hot to touch but nothing to worry about, you look like you've got more of a gap around your shield though so it'll be fine.

I see the attachments for your top hat are different to mine, yours looks like it clips on whereas the Bergans has guy lines. It's a bit of a pain having to peg more guy lines out but I reckon you should tie a couple of yours, just the end ones so you can wrap it around the heatshield a bit more.

P1010392P.jpg

thehomeofDob

Jun 14, 2010
Dublin, Ire
I'm delighted with this thread! I've been humming and hawing about a large shelter with room for a stove for winter camping. Coupled with a SeekOutside Titanium Stove (c. 1.3kgs) it would even be packable!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE