Lucky lucky lucky

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
The report that I read didn't say it tried to bite him. Just nudged into him. Pretty damned scary, but that's not an attack by shark standards. Sharks will investigate things at the surface.

I don't want to play down how scary this must have been for the guy, but there's a lot of over-reaction about sharks too.

Last edited:

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
I totally agree, i'm sure it was pretty terrifying in a different video he talks about it getting tangled in his ankle rope, i was reading a while back that scientists now believe 90% of shark attacks are the shark treating us like a competitive predator and warding us off their territory as they would with another shark, what we are not seeing before the bite is the posturing and multiple body language warnings they are doing underwater before the biting, they now believe the old theory that the sharks thought us to be seals or other prey and bite to feed accidentally is erroneous as the sharks senses are that acute and honed they know exactly what the electrical signal from their usual prey is like and the odd time the sharks actually fully eat someone is because they totally intended to

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
This is my favourite shark video i've seen in a while

[video=youtube;p444Zf-gcHU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p444Zf-gcHU[/video]

Stevie777

Native
Jun 28, 2014
Strathclyde, Scotland
Wonder if that Baby White survived, doesn't look in great shape. Why would they throw water on it's Gills, dont sharks process oxygen by taking water IN through the mouth and OUT through the gills.?

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
There is a longer video of them taking it right out with the boat on a leash and it does swim away well eventually but i couldn't find the full version

Stevie777

Native
Jun 28, 2014
Strathclyde, Scotland
There is a longer video of them taking it right out with the boat on a leash and it does swim away well eventually but i couldn't find the full version
This one.

They report it was 2 Sharks...Pair of Juvenile Great Whites maybe.? They have been known to hunt like this before.

[video=youtube;xrt27dZ7DOA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrt27dZ7DOA[/video]

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
That looks like it, there is a longer vid of the shark rescue too

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE