Low Wray Campsite

woodspirits

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
hi,tried to get on there once but being a relatively small site gets full very quickly, however i can thoroughly reccommend castlerigg farm campsite overlooking keswick with panoramic views of the surrounding fells :)

Snowfire

Forager
Jan 10, 2010
Cotswolds
Yes, lots of times, though as it's been said it can get pretty full. You can now book online, but you need to do it at least 24 hrs in advance and there's a fee for it. http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/mai...w-northwest-lakedistrict_camping-low_wray.htm

You pay extra for a pitch by the waterside and that's always heaving. Usually a lot of bugs on that bit too. Beware of being offered a pitch on the main field on the flat bit near the toilet block it can flood just there.

Showers are reasonable and there's a small shop on site for milk and other basics.

There's a concrete slip on site for launching. Not sure if they charge extra for dinghies but canoes are free (or at least they were when I was last there in April).

Hope that helps

R

roy1

Hi there yes its a great little site which has a nice woodland area to camp in and has the option of hiring tipis, belltents and yurts but theses have to be booked well in advance. There is also activities that can be booked including bushcraft but as others have said it books up quickly. Another good option is the National Trust campsite in Langdale.

Extreme Pilgrim

Forager
Aug 27, 2010
UK
Anyone been there, any good for taking the better half too?

I have been there twice now and it is a very nice site especially if you can get a pitch by the lake side. The last time I was there, the NT ha just moved there system to pre-booking and internet reservations which, in the past was a first come/first served basis. Now, many of the prime picks are booked months in advance especially if you look at weekends or bank holidays. There is an additional cost to pitch by the lake but it is worth the cost even if you do get hounded by the geese and the 'Oliver Twist' stares from the ducks whenever you have any food on show. The cleaning facilities are good with hot water showers on tap. Friday evening sees the arrival of many late evening campers and the waft of the BBQ inevitably wafts across the site.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE