Losing knives.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

kungaryfu

Jan 3, 2012
dorset
When I was a kid I had a very nice knife collection I kept under the stairs and used to admire nearly every day. We moved house and I had to stay at my grandparents for the weekend so I wouldn't get under my parents feet during the move. But I made them promise me they would definatly pack up my collection and bring it with them.
Did they remember? Did they heck!
I've never truly forgiven them for that mistake even though nearly 30 years has gone by lol

Mike313

Nomad
Apr 6, 2014
South East
I have four knives; A Mora carbon steel, the one with the illuminous sheath (so hopefully I won't lose it too easily:)), two Opinel - one carbon steel and one stainless, and my trusty old Victorinox. The Victorinox was bought in 1978 I think, in fact I bought two identical models that year. I snapped the blade in two on the first one (mis-using it as a crowbar) and bought myself another. I gave to first away to a mate who ground the blade so that it looked like a half-scale model of its former self. I then proceeded to snap the tip off the second one (see the photo below- hope I've added the image properly) but I kept it and reshaped the blade as you (hopefully) can see. The knife has a single blade, a saw, an awl and a corkscrew. At the tip of the saw there is a screwdriver, a crown-cap opener and it can also be used to open tin cans.
I've 'lost' this knife twice but thankfully it's been found on both occasions, once down the sofa in my girlfriend-at-that-time's house and once I left it in a café - very silly, I must have been having a bad day.
I've had this knife so long now it is like a friend and has been very useful over the years. The saw is scarily sharp even today and the blade holds a great edge. It's been well used and shows it's age a little but it is still in perfect working order.
Victorinox002_zps3a5c8ce8.jpg.html

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE