Looking forward to breakfast

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I spotted something in a local bakery today which I haven't had for years, I hope it's as good as I remember when I have it in the morning ..

Mmmm nice ..

A crusty loaf to go in the toaster, white pepper and plenty of salt, I can feel my arteries closing up just thinking about it :)

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Nice to see the old stuff resurface :) . Are you tempted to make up pots from home roasts?

Grew up with beef dripping on toast for Sunday tea. I now drain off and tub the beef dripping and jelly for Aged Parent ;)

rickyamos

Settler
Feb 6, 2010
Peterborough
Breakfast? I'd have some now. :)

Me to, makes me want to go out and buy some, I do remember as a boy when dad introduced me to the delights of dripping. Did not like the look of it at first. when I said dad whats that stuff on your toast. He said would you like to try, I did and never looked back, but I must say its a few years now since I have tried some. Must be somthing I had just forgot about, this has bought back good memories of being a kid. Also got me to thinking of other stuff I have tried while watching the grown ups.... jellied eels, Grandad used to make his own, but thats a different story for another thred.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Dripping is food of the gods, and you're exactly on the money with putting white pepper and salt on it; white pepper is a very underrated condiment for traditional British grub, many people seem not to use it any more.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm, I'm feeling a mite peckish now!

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
How the hells do people buy dripping?

Do they not grill a pork chop or some bacon?

The whole point of dripping is its "leftovers" :)

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Our local butcher does it to order proper beef dripping my god you should taste the difference when you fry your chips in it.

We should have a "show us your chip pan" thread :) We inherited ours from Carols gran when we first got a house together, if it wasn't for the thick layer of burnt fat holding it together it would be in bits by now.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
How the hells do people buy dripping?

Do they not grill a pork chop or some bacon?

The whole point of dripping is its "leftovers" :)

No, it's luxury food now :) That Marco Pier White bloke sells two slices of toast with dripping for £9 in his pub somewhere I read.

With Carol being veggie it's rare we cook a joint unless we have visitors, any fat left over from chops or a fry up usually goes to the birds

Last edited:

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Go to France and buy some "rillettes" - it's like dripping but they've left the meat in :D

Actually, you can buy it in Aldi but it's not as good

Duggie Bravo

Settler
Jul 27, 2013
Dewsbury
Most butchers round here sell mucky fat, it us indeed the food of the gods and I recently discovered the joy that is a ham Sandwich made with mucky fat instead of butter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE