Looking for large belt buckles

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Smokin

Sep 6, 2011
England
Hey guys,

I'm in the process of making a few items with leather but I'm struggling to find any big belt buckles that will fit 3 or 4" strips of leather. I've had a look at a few different sites I've used in the past but I can't seem to find anything suitable. Does anyone know where I might be able to find some simple, heavy duty brass or nickel buckles that will fit the sizes I'm after?

Thanks!

Smokin

Sep 6, 2011
England
Have you tried Leprevo or Abbey England?

Yeah, mate, but I can't see anything suitable. Abbey don't have any beyond 2" and the ones Le Prevo have don't look to be heavy duty, unfortunately. One of the things I'm making will be a weightlifting belt so the strength is really important.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
For strong buckles of the size you're after you'd do worse than look at harness makers suppliers; those sizes are common in that line of work, and they are very strong as well.

I don't have time right now but I'll post some linkys tomorrow for you, and if you let me know specifically what sizes and quantities you're after I'll have a look in the barn tomorrow p.m.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE