looking for abu camo paracord

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mimozine

Jan 26, 2021
north yorkshire
hi guys, anyone know where i can source some abu camo paracord? i got some off ebay a couple of years back but cant seem to find any now. i picked up some acu paracord but its nothing like the abu.

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
ABU. Digital tiger strip used by the US Airforce? Like this?
1614167878663.png

I just had a look and there is a dizzying array of patterns. I had no idea. I didn't see anywhere selling that very particular one, I am afraid.

I own that this isn't something that would bother me as even with glasses, from more than three feet away, I would struggle to tell the difference between one pattern and another, at the scale they are on 550 cord.

What with Covid I suspect you will have to search the US side of the Atlantic.

Best of luck

Last edited:
Reactions: MrEd

mimozine

Jan 26, 2021
north yorkshire
yeah thats the one mate. and yeah there are 100s of paracord patterns just not the one i want (sods law)
its not so much the pattern that makes this one stand out, its hard to tell from most pics of paracord but its mainly a lovely grey colour.

Billy-o

Native
Apr 19, 2018
Canada
Yes, there are squillions of colours now, and some really rather tasteful. Paracord Galaxy has an Imperial Red with Diamonds. Never thought that string would get glamorous. :)

Danceswithhelicopters

Sep 7, 2004
Scotland
Ah, ABU as in Airman Battle Uniform, the USAF camouflage, not Abu as in Abu Garcia the fishing line people.
Would the ACU Army stuff be the colourway you're after?

Very much shaded grey..

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
...and none of them are ABU pattern :( Jeez Mimozine, you sure did pick a rare'un!

I almost wish I had remained ignorant of how many patterns there now are!!:christmas1: I thought it was pretty cool getting a pick of coyote, foliage and orange!

Lots of patterns here too, but no ABU.
I wonder whether its still manufactured. It doesn't seem like the pattern itself is widely used, and maybe there is a licensing issue if the paracord makers call it ABU, rather than giving an almost identical pattern a generic name?

mimozine

Jan 26, 2021
north yorkshire
yeah abu is no longer issued to usaf so not as popular as is once was. and while acu looks similar its not, the acu paracord is mainly sage green.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE