Looking for a new tarp

Karl82

Oct 15, 2010
Leicester
OK need suggestions i'm looking at getting a new big boy tarp 4.5x4.5m. I am leaning towards a tatonka or nordisk tarp views opinions on them or other suggestions please.

Thanks Karl

Last edited:

Karl82

Oct 15, 2010
Leicester
Paul you have changed i used to like you :p just kidding mate thanks i looked at the link that tarp dose not look square thought :(
Mountainm good suggestion i will keep that in mind and ask how much one would cost to be made.

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
Paul you have changed i used to like you :p just kidding mate thanks i looked at the link that tarp dose not look square thought :(
Mountainm good suggestion i will keep that in mind and ask how much one would cost to be made.

yea its catenery cut but is sort of square. the curved cuts let you tension the tarp really well. Very good for hammocking lol

Limaed

Apr 11, 2006
Perth
Get in touch with Bilmo-p5 (Ian) on here he might be able to make you what your after.

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Karl, have a word with Bilmo and see if he can make you one to order. He gave me a really good price on a custom 3x3 in polycotton. Or if you can wait you can have a look at my Tatonka 4.25x4.25 polycotton.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I've got the Tatonka 1 TC in poly cotton, great tarp. Makes a great group shelter on trips if we don't pack the chute

Karl82

Oct 15, 2010
Leicester
mountainm cheers for putting me on to tenthwonder they have just what I am after will be getting a big hammock at the same time. :)

Sent from my Baobab Tree.

Karl82

Oct 15, 2010
Leicester
I would like to let you all know i received a email from Nick at DD it appears that he had tried Emailing updating me with the progress of the new size tarp but i did not receive his emails they did not show up in my inbox for some reason but he has sent me the emails and dates they where sent on, so it turns out i felt frustrated annoyed as a result of my email failing me not that they do not listen. it was not feasible for them to make the 4.5x4.5 so made the 4x4 instead. my OP has been edited for this reason.

i'm not ashamed to say sorry if i made a clam that turns out to be wrong So i would like to Apologise to Nick and his team my sincere apologies Karl.

Last edited:

Rich83

Sep 6, 2012
Selsey, West Sussex
I have a 3x4 DD and it is about 750g and often I find it too big! Can't recommend DD enough tho, they next dayd it to me as I was in a hurry with no fuss.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Humpback

On a new journey
Dec 10, 2006
1/4 mile from Bramley End.
Karl
I changed to a DD 4x4m tarp which I used at the last meet. Great size allows me to have a kitchen under as well as leaving my tarp set up. Hope you get what you're after.
Alan

Karl82

Oct 15, 2010
Leicester
I have a 3x4 DD and it is about 750g and often I find it too big! Can't recommend DD enough tho, they next dayd it to me as I was in a hurry with no fuss.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

i would agree their kit is good used it for the last 4 years have had both frontline and travel hammocks still have my frontline i have both the 3x3 and 4.5x3 and well abused and used i'm out almost 2 weekends every month of the year. was not the quality stopping me buying their new size tarp.

Karl
I changed to a DD 4x4m tarp which I used at the last meet. Great size allows me to have a kitchen under as well as leaving my tarp set up. Hope you get what you're after.
Alan

Thanks Alan
i did consider buying the 4x4 only thing that stopped me was i was under the impression that they had not got back to me after my last email to them before the 4x4 cam out turns out they had but i did not get the email hence the apology above and the edit to post one, so its a serious consideration now but they out of stock till the 25th.

Karl82

Oct 15, 2010
Leicester
Karl
If you want to borrow mine for the North Wood meet at the end of this month you're welcome as I live about 15 mins away.
Alan

Alan thanks for the offer mate but to be honest at £46 i will get one, but its weather it will be before or after my Norway trip.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE