Look what I found for £5.99!

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!

A Coleman 3011 HPX Standard Lantern! :eek:

I appears to be unused.. and has original packaging and a clean mantle. I'm no expert but the mantle looks fresh/original.

How can I date this? The plastic packaging is yellowed from age and I have no idea how old it is. I'm guessing it was good for £5.99 though. :D

I know there are some real lantern enthusiasts here, so could any please tell me what kind of mantles it needs, how old it may be and maybe a rough value? Also, I couldn't find one new for sale.. apart from a German website where they were 60 euros..

Thanks for looking! I might have to test it out later.

(while reading the leaflet thing it seems to be from the trading estate in the same town I got it from Portishead, Bristol! and has a date of 1994 on its warranty!)

Last edited:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Afternoon Samon,

Going by the gas can with is Coleman/Camping Gaz changed from the sharp edged canister to the one in the picture with the rounded shoulder around 12-14 years ago.
As to mantles it take the Coleman / Campingaz Mantles - Small (Pack of 3) which I've linked you too. But have a search around as you can get them cheaper.

Good wee lantern and will take the three sizes of canister though with the smallest ones it can be a bit top heavy.

Hope that helps.

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Thanks gents, are these still in production? or have they revamped and modernised them in the last decade?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE