Logs

humdrum_hostage

Jul 19, 2014
Stradishall, Suffolk
Where do you guys get your logs from, preferably for free. I live in a very wooded area. At work My main customer base is tree surgeons and landscapers and I still have trouble obtaining logs for carving. Where else can I try? I am try to find a burl as well. I know I can't just go and cut one off a tree

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Most tree surgeons will happily do a bit of barter - give them some home brew or cakes or whatever before asking - you might be surprised (the ones I know give me lorry loads of logs - literally)

humdrum_hostage

Jul 19, 2014
Stradishall, Suffolk
Its sods law, I have been looking at van loads of logs coming In and out of my shop for months and for the last 3-4 weeks, now I want some I cant find any! I have asked a few who pay to dispose of it that I will take some and they all say they will drop some in next time they are passing and I understand they are busy but im getting impatient now!

londonscrub

Tenderfoot
Apr 11, 2014
London
I'm partial to stopping where fallen trees have been chopped by the road side. Also, if you wander around orchards there are sometimes large prunings or decommissioned trees. I had a collection of lovely apple wood at my patents but moved out. Often forest work leaves anything less Tha 6" diameter so the chances of finding interesting bits you can liberate with a folding saw are reasonable. I live in London and yet wind falls on commons, a pile cleared next to an I industrial estate and a a graveyard are rich pickings!

Sent from my RM-941_eu_euro1_262 using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE