loch glow

Soloman

Settler
Aug 12, 2007
Scotland
I went for a wander with my youngest pup yesterday up to loch glow.
Its only 20 mins from my house so i consider myself lucky.
We walked round the north shore and then followed the wall over to the black loch to scout for camping places for the weekend.
After a quick brew we climbed up to dumglow to the trig piont where i found my initials on the metal band,that must have been about 15 years ago in my mountain bike days.
Came back down to loch glow and home,just a few hours but felt realy good to be back up there.
Next time ill take the camera,and the new duluth rambler was ace.
Soloman.

Soloman

Settler
Aug 12, 2007
Scotland
Its not a long walk, about 2to3 hrs with a stop but could be made longer by adding some of the other small hills dotted around.
The thing i like is that when you get to the black loch you cant see any manmade stuff apart from the knock hill masts.
I must get a trolley for my canoe and have a paddle on the lochs before the fishing starts.
When you go give me a shout and ill go with you if you dont mind the company.
Soloman.

The Black Loch and Loch Glow with Dumglow;taken from a helicopter I was lucky enough to get a lift in one day. This is my spiritual homeland and a place I used to know better than my own thoughts. I've spent many a happy few days there. You can just make out the remains of the Pictish fort on the hill, an awesome spot

helicopter022.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE