Loch Etive Gathering - May 5th

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MountainGhost

Feb 10, 2016
United Kingdom
Hello all,

Our next meet is confirmed for May 5th on the northern shore of Loch Etive. As always, all are welcome, children and dogs included. The focus of this meet is likely to be coastal foraging and sea fishing etc. We ask that each person bring sufficient supplies for sleeping and nourishment, but sharing is always welcome. The last meet was something special and I think I can speak for all when I say we hope this continues to grow in concept and community. Looking forward to seeing a few faces who were unable to make it last time and any newcomers to the group.
If anyone has any skill sets or experience to share please don't be shy; we are all learning from each other.

I pray the gods of wind and rain are kinder to us this time around, but their lessons, however bitter, are always gratefully received.

Best wishes to all,

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
You beat me to starting the thread mate ;)

Here is some extra info for anybody who wants to come along :)

I'll be running some sort of leatherwork demo, and anybody else who wants to share some skills that would be great.

Map for parking and the proposed meet location:
If weather is good, we may have a canoe on site which can ferry over heavy gear so the walk is a bit easier on folk.
There will also be the chance to learn some canoe handling skills.

Attachments

• 17155877_10212459075742296_1758346670489693399_n.jpg
    17155877_10212459075742296_1758346670489693399_n.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 23

beezer

Forager
Oct 13, 2014
lockerbie
looks like i will bring my rod then. i have not used it for a few years and only for spinning but i'm sure we can rig something useful up.

its been to long since i have been out and about really looking forward to this meet.

srod

Forager
Feb 9, 2017
argyll
That's a cracking spot... I was there just last weekend!
32453749283_2ca5d40be9_z.jpg

Maybe will head up on the 5th if we're free.

Sanji

Forager
Oct 20, 2006
Oban, Scotland
I could be tempted with this, i live in Oban and can just park van at bonawe and cycle to camp location.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Hunkyfunkster

Mar 2, 2015
Loch Lomond
Thanks Hamish for starting my attention to this. It looks like it's going to be great.
I don't think I'll be able to camp this year due to health issues but hopefully I'll make the next one.

Have a fantastic time, and take lots of pics

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
I shall see you good folks there, i'll be coming up with Hamish once i cycle from England to Scotland, can't wait I love living on the shores of sea lochs they are so bountiful

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Just a bump see if anyone who is going is chatting about ti, personally really looking forward to getting some good nature

Dreadhead

Just a bump see if anyone who is going is chatting about ti, personally really looking forward to getting some good nature
Aye really looking forward to it, got myself a wee light pack able chair finally. Some of the lads don't post on here much hence it's a bit quiet but we are approx 7 or 8 confirmed with one or two more maybes

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Cool stuff, what time are you planning leaving on the Friday morning? I'll have camped somewhere local the night before

wales1

Aug 3, 2011
dumfriesshire
Looks like I'm gonna make it up for Friday evening now rather than the saturday 😊 keep your eye out for a green canoe! As a side note, if anyone else is wanting to come along, I'll be driving up from Lockerbie around 1pm, so provided not too far off track, happy to pick up on route.

Steve

Dreadhead

Looks like I'm gonna make it up for Friday evening now rather than the saturday  keep your eye out for a green canoe! As a side note, if anyone else is wanting to come along, I'll be driving up from Lockerbie around 1pm, so provided not too far off track, happy to pick up on route.

Steve

Good man, it's going to be a cracking weekend

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE