loch ard forest

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

musicman

Jul 24, 2008
Scotland, Glasgow
Hi all,

I'm hoping to go and try some wild camping up by loch ard early spring - in the loch ard forest - and having never been before was wondering if anyone on here has camped around there before, and if so would they suggest anywhere?
(I know its a while away but I'll go up and have a look to try and find the locations before then).

Cheers,
Musicman.

Scots_Charles_River

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 12, 2006
paddling a loch
www.flickr.com
It's gonna be quiet at that time of year. There are some good sites at the waters edge. The island off the southeast end is a great wee hammock spot. Watch out of geese are nesting though. You could bivvy in Wallaces cave, bit lumpy. The Island bothy is large, has a fire, please don't use wood off the island, carry in your own coal.

Plenty of bloggs on www.songofthepaddle.co.uk with spots.

Enjoy your trip, please a trowel for human waste.

Nick

musicman

Jul 24, 2008
Scotland, Glasgow
Thanks for that,

I know this sounds stupid, but I take it that you get to that island by canoe, I love the idea of canoeing but have never tried it and have no idea where I could learn to do it?
Is the bivvy you mentioned on the island, or shoud I use a hammock and tarp if overnighting there?
Also, where is the cave you mentioned?

Cheers,
Musicman.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE