Liverpool shops

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Justin Time

Native
Aug 19, 2003
South Wales
Hi All
I'll be spending a couple of days in Liverpool for work. I vaguely remember that "Soldier of Fortune" used to have a shop there. Are there any decent outdoors shops in the city centre?

alick

Settler
Aug 29, 2003
Northwich, Cheshire
Ellis Brigham have a shop on the left about 2/3 of the way up bold street (2 mins from the central station in the town centre). There is/was a YHA shop on the same side of the same street but don't know if it's still there. If SOF are still around they'll be somewhere between the main marshalling area for the buses, the Mcdonalds on church street (main pedestrian shopping street) and the back of George Henry Lee's department store.

Cheers.

Justin Time

Native
Aug 19, 2003
South Wales
Thanks Alick, found the one's you mentioned. SOF is no longer there, but in the same place is Adapt Outdoors selling a mixture of ordinary outdoor kit and military stuff. Managed to contain myself and only bought one of the folding "swedish army" cups.

I think the YHA shop on Bold Street had been taken over by Karrimor and is now run by Field and Trek

clcuckow

Settler
Oct 17, 2003
Merseyside, Cheshire
Justin Time said:
Thanks Alick, found the one's you mentioned. SOF is no longer there, but in the same place is Adapt Outdoors selling a mixture of ordinary outdoor kit and military stuff. Managed to contain myself and only bought one of the folding "swedish army" cups.

I think the YHA shop on Bold Street had been taken over by Karrimor and is now run by Field and Trek

Your right the YHA is now a FnT. If you are in a car you might want to checkout "The North Face" Factory shop at Cheshire Oaks (ellesmere port) it about 15 miles away (if you go though one of the tunnels). I think they are open till 20:00 week days 19:00 Sat do not know about Sun. They can be a bit hit and miss but I got a discontinued Gortex mountain parker for £70.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE