List of Bushcraft, Outdoors, Hiking, & Nature related blogs & web sites

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Yes, add the Outdoors Station which contains podcasts to inform, inspire, entertain and encourage people to enjoy a healthy outdoors lifestyle.

Also - I want to add another:

A Wood Man's Wanderings & Rambling - Watervole is an an artisan and craftsman and he hand makes knives & sheaths, leather bags, pouches, belts, quivers etc. All the work you will see in his pages is entirely hand made, with natural material such as wood, bone, antler, leather. He also uses metals such as steel, bronze, copper and brass. In addition, he hand carves wood signs for home, boats and businesses. Originally apprenticed as a toolmaker and trained as a boat builder, he now works part time as a woodwork instructor.

Thanks,

Mungo

I have edited the list of Bushcraft, Outdoors, Hiking, and Nature related blogs and web sites in post #11 to include another blog:

Survival Bill Containing tutorials on building snares, birch bark knife sheaths, and dutch oven cooking (among others), Survival Bill has a series of several useful instructional posts related to the outdoors.

Cheers,

Mungo

T

Tim Rast

Elfshot: Sticks and Stones
I'm an archaeologist and flintknapper living in Canada who specializes in reproducing tools and artifacts from the Arctic and Sub-Arctic. Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday, I update my blog, Elfshot: Sticks and Stones, with photos and stories from current projects.

Please check it out and follow along on Facebook and Twitter.

LAMfinalcomparisons032.jpg

Palaeoeskimo artifacts and reproductions from L'Anse aux Meadows National Historic Site, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada

Mat30

Oct 15, 2010
Orpington, Kent
Wow what a comprehensive list, now if only i had time at work to go through it all one by one, still it will keep me out of trouble at home thats for sure LOL :D

THOaken

Native
Jan 21, 2013
England(Scottish Native)
Brilliant list!

I wonder, might my little blog be included in such a grand roster?
- Conservation student at Sparsholt
- Volunteer at Butser Ancient Farm (helped to build 2014's Wickerman, and the Eurybia, a Mesolithic log boat), among other places
- Some wood working in the blog too, which I plan to do more of when I get the chance
- Going to be volunteering at Creag Meagaidh in June for 3 weeks and I'll update the blog as much as possible.

http://thwoodsman.blogspot.co.uk/

Last edited:

Geoff Dann

Native
Sep 15, 2010
Sussex
www.geoffdann.co.uk
New foraging forum is now up and running on my website: http://www.geoffdann.co.uk/?forum=foraging-forum

Not much on the forum at the time of posting this message, because it is brand new. But hopefully it will get busy when the fungi season kicks off this autumn, and I'm also going to be a guest on Radio 4's Saturday morning chatshow on June 16th (Saturday Live, starts 9am) promoting the new hardback edition of my book, and will try to plug the forum to get things properly started.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE