Linen Shirts

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bushferret

Jun 15, 2013
United Kingdom
I can imagine that it would be ok to wear your linen shirt as long as you incorporate other layers of clothing to trap warm layers of air between your clothing.
The rule of thumb i believe is to wear more thin layers of clothing than just a couple of thick layers.
Hope this helps,
BF:)

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Linen is more of a hot weather fabric as it feels cool to the touch, pretty tough stuff and is one of the fibres that is stronger wet than dry. (I've worn cotton and linen when out in the desert and it's comfy and beneficial there.)

Can hold on to moisture for too long though like cotton and so not great for humid cold driech UK. Does feel nice against the skin though.

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
Linen shirts work really well the year round imho. Good on their own in the summer where they are cool and deal with sweat better than cotton, being quicker drying. In winter they are good as a base layer under wool. Also they resist odour well.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE