Lincolnshire Wood fair tomorrow

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Late notice.....200+ miles , 4hr+ round trip........were in :thumbup:

If Woden Wills It , then it will be so

swright81076

Tinkerer
Apr 7, 2012
Castleford, West Yorkshire
Just got back home after finding a pub that serves singleton.... I am seriously considering this, so long as I'm fit to drive tomorrow morning.... Are you going red?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Likely to look in for an hour or two for sure...with a six foot tall log haired beauty. Normally the redneck beard would be the giveaway but BB just clipped it short for me as I am running courses for a couple of weeks :)

Flat cap and a "double tap" T shirt is normally the giveaway (or a Hobgoblin one subject to what's clean!)

Bowlander

Nov 28, 2011
Forest of Bowland
Was it any good? Sounds a bit more exciting than the annual heating oil symposium or the house coal conference!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

swright81076

Tinkerer
Apr 7, 2012
Castleford, West Yorkshire
Not a bad day out, underwhelmed by the lumberjack Olympics and the bushcraft demonstration, but a good selection of stalls and activities. Well worth a visit next time if anyone gets the chance.
Good company as always :beer: and nice to meet new folk from the forum. :thumbup:
We were outnumbered 50 to 1 by wasps though.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Yeah, its a small fair but I enjoyed it - met some nice people, had a pint of local ale and a venison burger, watched some demos, made a great contact in the Forestry Commission who is going to call round and advise us on some of our trees. Nice to visit a fair that is free to get in - even the parking was free this year

Tractor rides on the estate with Forestry commission describing trees and helping with recognition of different species

Tractor Rides by British Red, on Flickr

Quite liked the portable saw mill

Portable saw mill by British Red, on Flickr

Reckon one of these would make splitting firewood easier :)

Auger Trunk Splitter by British Red, on Flickr

Horse logging demo

Horse Logger by British Red, on Flickr

..and some cool modern gear

Horse Logging with mechanical by British Red, on Flickr

Really liked the chairs by the aptly named "Peter Tree" (http://www.petertreechairs.co.uk/)

Hand Made stool by British Red, on Flickr

Peter Tree Chair by British Red, on Flickr

...for a "free to enter" its a good show :)

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Tiptop.....the pleasure was ours. Sue spent 2hrs looking for some land when we got back.....the search continues.....

If Woden Wills It , then it will be so

This was a good day with not a plastic toy to be found.
Trailer rides were packed.
Beer was very nice (Pheasantry Brewery)
Demos were good and demonstrators enthusiastic.
Bushcraft was a small event aimed at showing kids fire and a few tricks and was packed all day. The Swedish torch fire was very popular in the questions list.

Next year MORE bushcraft with RAF team demonstrating. Members who live near could also get involved by using contact on www.titanbushcraft.co.uk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE