limitless equipment survival kit mk.1

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Not interested but would be a good thread to revisit the old survival Tin with suggested and updated items. See if things have moved on some. Price it out.

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
Not interested but would be a good thread to revisit the old survival Tin with suggested and updated items. See if things have moved on some. Price it out.
I am one of those people who just gain some kind of innocent enjoyment out of tweaking and revisiting survival tins for the heck of it. Basically custom is the way to go. I rhink it would be an interesting thread for folk to say which item of a survival kit they have actually used in an emergency, For me it would have to be gaffer tape every time :)

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I am one of those people who just gain some kind of innocent enjoyment out of tweaking and revisiting survival tins for the heck of it. Basically custom is the way to go. I rhink it would be an interesting thread for folk to say which item of a survival kit they have actually used in an emergency, For me it would have to be gaffer tape every time :)

I've just reposted it so the thread should be visible for you.

I'd be very interested what you have in yours please as I'm making a couple up currently.

Thanks for your input.

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
I've just reposted it so the thread should be visible for you.

I'd be very interested what you have in yours please as I'm making a couple up currently.

Thanks for your input.
Horses for courses, I have more than one tin, for different purposes and carries. I do have a first aid tin about the size of a regular tobacco tin which is a regular carry, convenient and does get used. In my smallest kit however I think from memory I have fire plug tinder and mini ferro rod and striker, fishing kit, brass wire, wire saw, sewing needles, button compass and all that. FWIW worth those fire plugs are very reliable fire starters with a ferro rod. I can't imagine myself in a situation where I would actually need the fishing kit to survive, but hey multiple uses you can use the line to sew and repair stuff, likewise the brass wire is more usefull in a lot of repair scenarios than snaring small deer. Can't remember off hand what is in the FAK but it is what has evolved over time from what I have most needed, and that includes gaffer tape which is more effective at holding a wound dressing on than surgical tape and has managed to stop me from bleeding many a time, till I could get seen to properly. Oh and I have a spyderco in my mini tin. I have another tin I carry most times which I suppose you could call an urban possibles kit, including sewing needle and thread, spare coins and notes, pen and post it notes, safety pins, fresnel magnifying lens, pencil, and gentlemans prophylactic :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE