Lime - inspiration needed

EdS

By the house is some lime that is well over due re-coppicing, but I'm loathed to set about it until I can think of what to do with the wood other than fire wood.

I might ret the bark in the stream - time depending.

But what of the wood - my carving skills are poor on a good day and I'm not sure what to have a go at doing.

To be honest at he moment all I want to do is veg out when I get home so nothing to involved.

littlebiglane

Native
May 30, 2007
Nr Dartmoor, Devon
Lime is not a great firewood. I'd wait for it to flower - harvest the linden flowers for tea, use the bark for cordage and use the wood for carving - its a brilliant carving wood.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
By the house is some lime that is well over due re-coppicing, but I'm loathed to set about it until I can think of what to do with the wood other than fire wood.

Snip

But what of the wood - my carving skills are poor on a good day and I'm not sure what to have a go at doing.

I know where you can get some lime to practice on and improve your carving skills :cool:

ATB

Ogri the trog

jackcbr

Native
Sep 25, 2008
Gatwick, UK
www.pickleimages.co.uk
If your carving isn't great (join the gang), why not just use it to practice? Start with a spoon or spatular. You'll probably find that you'll get into it and progress to bigger and better things. Keep it simple and perfect the skills. I'm on spoon 7 at the moment and I'm almost happy with it. But it has been a great way to waste some time in front of the telly.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE