Lighty uppy thingies - a heads up

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ben Trout

Nomad
Feb 19, 2006
Wiltshire, GB
I don't know if anyone on here uses the stuff but I've played around a bit with electroluminescent wire. Most of the bits illuminated have been daft frippery (flagpole, model rockets, woggles) but the wire does have some useful applications. This kit;

surelight Bike Kit

is currently on special offer at Tesco, £9.98.There only seems to be red and blue in Trowbridge.

I'm sure the assembled wisdom on here could turn the stuff to all sorts of uses, but I have guy markers for busy campsites in mind.

Have fun.

Jodie

Native
Aug 25, 2006
London
www.google.co.uk
Heh that's very lighty uppy - they even have their own newsletter.

Only thing I don't like about it is the requirement for batteries. I wonder if it's the sort of
thing that might attract attention and end up somewhere else though. Mind you, ideal
if your torch / headlight batteries fail!

There was a long detailed thread about fluorescent, reflective, phosphorescent, generally
glowy items which I will have to have another look at in time for my camping trip later
this year...

------

Guy Line Fluorescent Bits & Pieces
http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26783

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE