Lightweight summer boots

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

knifeman

Forager
May 27, 2015
england
I'm in the market for a summer boot. I currently use British army combat boots but they are quit hot and cumbersome, so I need something a bit lighter and cooler.
So the criteria is lightweight and comfy but I do like that my boots to be quite tall so I can blouse my trousers around the top to stop leaves an crud from getting in. And something surplus would be nice as money is a bit tight.
Thanks guys!
Atb
George

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Get yourself a pair of Meindl Desert Fox, you'll never regret it. Some of the most comfortable boots I've ever worn, and they last really well too. I bought mine used on this site around three years ago and they're worn quite a lot in very dense bramble and Blackthorn and I reckon they've got years left in them. They were all over the 'net last time I looked for decent money, both issued and new.

knifeman

Forager
May 27, 2015
england
Get yourself a pair of Meindl Desert Fox, you'll never regret it. Some of the most comfortable boots I've ever worn, and they last really well too. I bought mine used on this site around three years ago and they're worn quite a lot in very dense bramble and Blackthorn and I reckon they've got years left in them. They were all over the 'net last time I looked for decent money, both issued and new.

I'll have a look now! Thanks mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

janso

Dec 31, 2012
Penwith, Cornwall
+1 for Meindl and also issued Lowa desert boot.in civvy mode, I can't complain or recommend high enough the Salomon Quest 4d mate

Sent from my hidey hole using Tapatalk... sssh!

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
Just to mix it up a little, I'd recommend the Altberg Jungle boots: very comfortable, supportive and light in weight. Since they're designed for the jungle, they won't boil your feet either. they're also made by an English company, in case you're flying the flag.

IC_Rafe

Forager
Feb 15, 2016
EU
Try, try, try. Only thing you can do. What might be the best boot/shoe in the world for one, could be blister hell for another.

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
I love my Saloman 4Ds, since ditching my heavier Meindl's I rarely suffer from blisters any more. To be fair though in most conditions and even in the hills now I'll often wear fell running shoes instead, unless I'm going to be playing around on Scree or doing really technical work I've not found the shoes to be an issue.

Tonyuk

Settler
Nov 30, 2011
Scotland
The old issue lowa dessies were fantastic, good ankle support to, never tried the meindls but heard good things. Altberg sneekers also work very well.

Tonyuk

Badger74

Jun 10, 2008
Ex Leeds, now Killala
Just for the sake of balance, I couldn't get on with mine. I bought them as a UK9 but suspect they were a US9 as they pinched my feet something rotten. Sold them on, but as a boot they were good.

Big G

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 3, 2015
Cleveland UK
Aye... Lowa deserts are a nice comfy summer boot.. if they do get wet.. don't take long dry :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE