Lightning Storm

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
There's a lightning storm here, without any rain, constant lightning and rolling thunder. Lightnings only a few seconds apart, and has been going on for about an hour. Never seen anything like it. Just flashing all over the sky. Winds picking up.

Last edited:

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
Just been watching it here. Its all inside one huge cloud, no sound at all but lots of different colours.......could easily imagine two gods fighting there

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Yep. Looks just like that and im about 70 miles north of you. Lightnings less frequent now. The storm seemed to be moving north.

Last edited:

mick91

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 13, 2015
Sunderland
Yep. Looks just like that and im about 70 miles north of you. Lightnings less frequent now. The storm seemed to be moving north.

Still rattling away here too been rumbling for a while. Got the rain with it here though

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Odin and Thor are arguing again... but one of them wet themselves when they passed over here. :D

Lightning was quite spectacular and the rain drops were the size of a 5 pence!

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
I saw it last night. Was very eerie, continuous lightning without a sound of thunder or rain, or even wind.

The moon was full and orange in the southern sky, the lightning storm moved in from the west, must have watched it for an hour at least. I have some footage of it on my phone.

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
We had hailstones the size of golf balls in newcastle area last night, these were measured by a bloke in Ryton

_83996494_7c4bb4a7-30bd-436a-9893-783fc4e97b82.jpg

mousey

Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
Thunder and lighting over the NE Scottish coast last night, it was dark so anywhere between 12.00 to 3.00 in the morning. It woke my wife who woke me [I was dead to the world] if I wasn't so knackered I'd have gone out to watch it, it took a very long time between the lighting and thunder so must have been a long way a way yet the light flashes were incredibly bright and prolonged.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
To paraphrase Gerard Manley Hopkins, "Lord send my roots rain". We're still hot and muggy, it's only showered and not broken the humidity one whit. I would love for a cracking great thunderstorm to rip up the skies here just now.

M

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
I saw it last night. Was very eerie, continuous lightning without a sound of thunder or rain, or even wind.

The moon was full and orange in the southern sky.

Yeh, I noticed the moon as well, before the storm, it looked almost like a gold coin here.

mousey

Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
It wasn't forecast for up round me so was a surprise, I was looking on the metweather yesterday as I might get out on the weekend and they said nice sunny till Friday early night then a little rain for an hour or so and a little on Saturday night. They seem to have changed the forecast since last night and have decided it'll rain a bit more over the weekend now, guess I'll just have to wait and see...

Last edited:
I slept through most of it last night. Woke up once had a look out and saw a few flashes and heard a few rumbles but was too tired and went back to sleep. I should have grabbed the camera and got some shots. Some for the lightning I did see was amazing. :) Also there are some great pictures out there today. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE