light weight kit!! for cpl of days camping

shogun

Need to contact Admin...
Mar 31, 2009
U.K
hi i am looking for some advise i havent done any camping...i have a dd hammock,tarp,underquilt, & i am thinking of buying the snugpack special forces combo system,as i thought i can use this bag in winter and use as single bag in summer..thing is the kit i am buying all seems too be bulky..i will start going out end of febuary..and i will be mostly be going out summer and if all goes well next autumn/winter...can anyone recomend kit for spring summer camping as i cant afford too buy twice any help would be superb thanx shogun..

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
You could lose the underblanket when the weather warms up and swap to a thermarest or foam pad between the hammock layers instead.

If you go for the Snugpak system you'll be able to use just one of the bags instead of both probably.

Ideally to reduce bulk you need to be looking at down bags and underblankets, for now though I'd get an inflatable mat or CCF and see how you get on.

uncleboo

Jul 30, 2008
Lanarkshire
Get an Argos Tigerpaws tent, at £15 why not? It weighs about 3lb and packs down really small and can withstand really ****ty Scottish weather and midges!!

shogun

Need to contact Admin...
Mar 31, 2009
U.K
thanx for the info lads..i have this tent in case i didnt want too use the tarp and hammock
atb shogun...
vapour.jpg

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
Get ccf mat and a groundsheet; underblankets are lovely but just too bulky/heavy too carry
Also think about a 3 season bag with a liner of some kind

I use a fleece one in winter Never been cold
Do not carry a tent as well if bulk and weight are an issue ;which tbh they always are You may as well just take the tent
Main thing is its great fun

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE