Lifting roof for secret shelter

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Gcckoka

Settler
Nov 13, 2015
Georgia
Here's the next part gentleman, today I made a pulley to lift the roof ,it work good , next time I'll make the anchor higher so it wont be as difficult to lift the first 30cm because of the odd angle. I also cut the excess pieces that made it even heavier and also dug a small pit around it to avoid rainwater, also I made a delicious BACON BREAD , oh man it was so delicious I recommend it to everyone !
Here's the video and a few pictures
Thanks for stopping by
God bless
Nick

Last edited:

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Very complicated to hold the door open. I would like to see what you see when you sit behind the fire.
Thanks for the video, your bread made me very hungry to make something like it!
When the trees are fully leafed out, will it be quite a shady place?

Funny = I had a dream where I was sleeping in your pit house during a lightning storm.
I felt very warm and dry but I got up to watch the lightning.
Do you shut the door at night? Is it harder to open from inside in the dark?

Gcckoka

Settler
Nov 13, 2015
Georgia
Very complicated to hold the door open. I would like to see what you see when you sit behind the fire.
Thanks for the video, your bread made me very hungry to make something like it!
When the trees are fully leafed out, will it be quite a shady place?

Funny = I had a dream where I was sleeping in your pit house during a lightning storm.
I felt very warm and dry but I got up to watch the lightning.
Do you shut the door at night? Is it harder to open from inside in the dark?
Lol guess that means you have to travel now and sleep in it , I would leave it open at night

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Yeah, I guess I do. Starting to plan (?) a trip to the Sigulda bobsleigh track in Latvia for a few rides.
I would figure out how to swing by your place, if I go. I want to sleep in a pit house for a week.

Reactions: Gcckoka

Gcckoka

Settler
Nov 13, 2015
Georgia
Sorry but I cant let a guest of mine sleep in pit house for a week , maybe a night or two other then that we will drown in wine at my place or somewhere , lol

Reactions: Robson Valley

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE