Lids for BA mess tins.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TarHeelBrit

Mar 13, 2014
Alone now.
Disclaimer: My only connection with this seller is as a purchaser of one of his lids for my Crusader cup.
Thought it only fair to mention.:)

While wandering round ebay as I'm prone to do when bored stiff I found a listing for an aluminium lid for the issue British Army mess tins. I personally think it's a great idea as I use mine quite a bit out and about and also back garden bushcraft. At the moment I'm using a heavy duty aluminium foil pie dish cut to shape but they're showing their age a bit. He makes them for both sizes of tin and with or without strainer holes. I've got one of his lids for the Crusader as I honestly couldn't justify the money for a HC lid, besides they're made in the states and buy British and all that.:)

I've got a couple of bills due any day now but once they're paid I think I'll treat myself to a set.

s-l500.jpg

Lids for BA mess tins.

Anyway I just thought I mention it in case anyone else is in a similar boat.
Cheers,
Malc.

wicca

Native
Oct 19, 2008
South Coast
Good shot Malc. I've made lids for my mess tins from some B&Q bought sheet metal but they're not that standard. I shall treat my tins to a new hat each I think.
respect-048.gif
:D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE