Lidl offers

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ilovemybed

Settler
Jul 18, 2005
Prague
I noticed that those silk liners are only available in certain areas - and not mine!
If anyone's planning on getting one, would they mind picking one up for me too? I'll include the cost of a pint with the reimbursement as thanks (I hope I haven't started an avalanche with that request...)

Many thanks in advance!
Cheers,
Neil

Rebel

Native
Jun 12, 2005
Hertfordshire (UK)
I bought one of their sleeping bag liners a few months back when they were on offer in my area (mine is white). It's very comfortable, has a generous area for your feet, a hood for your head and velcro fasteners at the sides to make it easy to get in and out of.

I've been using it this summer as a liner and I'm very pleased with it. Don't know if Millets one is as good but a fiver sure is cheap.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
:) Me too, though I got a blue and fawn patterned one. It's excellent quality and well worth the money. It really warms up a sleeping bag too. I'll need to have a wee look in Millets though, our local Lidls aren't advertising the silk liners this time around :(

Cheers,
Toddy

scanker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
ilovemybed said:
I noticed that those silk liners are only available in certain areas - and not mine!
If anyone's planning on getting one, would they mind picking one up for me too? I'll include the cost of a pint with the reimbursement as thanks (I hope I haven't started an avalanche with that request...)

Many thanks in advance!
Cheers,
Neil

I work fairly close to a Lidl - if you're serious I can try and get one on Monday for you.

Minotaur

Native
Apr 27, 2005
Birmingham
anthonyyy said:
Dont be tempted by the digital compass. I got one last year - complete waste of money.

I keep seeing these and wondering what is the point?

Do they do something a normal compass does not i.e. stop me getting lost or walking the wrong bearing because I am not paying attention. Got to stop watching the pretty birdy. Birdy of Prey, that is. :D

If you want the gadget, join me drooling over a new GPS. The new ones will be really accurate next year or so the salesmen have told me.

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
Got a digital compass on my phone, it is a bit worrying that somebody walking past makes it "swing"! Shows how difficult it is to get an acccurate reading with a normal compass though.

Mr_Yarrow

Forager
May 16, 2005
UK, Hertfordshire
BorderReiver said:
Did they say how they are going to achieve the accuracy?

Possibly by persuading the military to drop the level of encryption on the satellites the machines use?

This is as far as I am aware, but, the commercial GPS units are only so crud as they are not allowed to be more accurate as it could be used for 'naughty' purposes otherwise. Not sure how true this is nowadays

Rgds

anthonyyy

Settler
Mar 5, 2005
ireland
ilovemybed said:

I wonder if Lidl have divided Britain into wimps and non wimps? They obviously realise that the Irish are a manly race and dont need such luxuries because they are not available here.

Bumblebee

Nomad
May 27, 2005
Here and there
The US turned off the "encryption" several years ago... Today you'll get +/-15 meters accuracy 90% of the time. The sales person was talking about WAAS/EGNOS which is a extra satellite that transmits correction information so you'll get +/- 3 m accuracy. This system has been in testing now in Europe for quite a while and is going to go into "full" use soon, the US equivalent is in use already.

Most GPS'es on the market today is already prepared to use the correction info as soon as it goes live, so no need to wait :D

Mr_Yarrow said:
Possibly by persuading the military to drop the level of encryption on the satellites the machines use?

This is as far as I am aware, but, the commercial GPS units are only so crud as they are not allowed to be more accurate as it could be used for 'naughty' purposes otherwise. Not sure how true this is nowadays

Rgds

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
self inflating pillows?

sounds a bit like thermarest?

i reckon four or five of these placed in a line and you have a comfy nights sleep!

most of the stuff seems ok and you can't go wrong with silk liners, just be more warey of the stuff like electrical goods and tents that could fail, :eek: badly!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE