Lidl heads up

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Outdoor bits and pieces from the end of the month at Lidl, 22nd February. Not Trangia clones again this year, dam, I'm down to my last two or three spare:rolleyes:

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Thats a good price, they are much the same as the Tor Purple Flame / Optimus 91 which I have.

The real Trangia's on the CO site are also a very good price.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
That's a good site. Trangia clone is amazing price. Shame I don't rate them or I might have ended up with something like my 15th camping stove!

Gumbob

Tenderfoot
Sep 22, 2005
Ayrshire
I used one of those trangia clones for a weeks camping last year and it performed pretty good. I found the boil times slightly slower than the trangia but it used less fuel overall.

Thanks for the heads up.............Ian

Old Bones

Settler
Oct 14, 2009
East Anglia
I went in to Lidl today (stocking up on cheap easter eggs for the school easter egg hunt) ,but looking at the hiking stuff, there wasn't much to get excited about.

The trousers seem to be in small, medium sizes,etc - but the small waist size is apparently 34-36, with no mention of the length. They are also in bags, so you really can't tell what the quality is like.
Mine had no compasses in, but did have the rest of the stuff, most of which is fine for walking for a while, but not really bushcraft stuff. The pack isn't bad, but is it worth the risk?
The walkie talkies are the same price (and spec) as the Binatone ones my work is knocking out for the same price, and you can get extra handsets if you want. The 10x50 bins looked a good price though, although a bit heavy for what Iwant.
The only thing I got in the end were the hiking socks, which are £2.99 a pair (not two pairs), which seemed OK.
I'm still waiting for the fabled trangia clone....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE