Lidl 5x50 Digital Night Vision Viewer

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

slowworm

May 8, 2008
Devon
Whilst browsing the Lidl offers I noticed some stores have a night vision scope on offer next Monday (27/02/2012). My stores don't have them but I'm curious to know what people think of them and I thought this thread might be a useful heads-up to those near the stores.

Firstly, for £59 (use postcode N15 4QD at www.lidl.co.uk )

• Digital image via CCD chip for flawless image quality, resolution (pixels): 580 x 500
  • Objective lens (mm): 50
  • Magnification: 5x
  • Field of vision at 100m (m): 6.6
  • Dioptre adjustment
  • Fully coated lenses
  • Close range from (m): 1
  • Max. observing distance approx (m): 140
  • Includes practical storage bag, wrist strap, cleaning cloth and batteries
  • Size approx. (cm): 5.8 x 8 x 17
  • 5 year manufacturer’s warranty

Secondly, for £69.99 (use post code CR0 2RF)

• Lightweight rubber-coated body
  • Focal length (mm): 48.5
  • Objective lens (mm): 40
  • Magnification: 3x
  • Field of view: 29m at 100m
  • Dioptre adjustment: -4.0 to +4.0
  • Size approx. (cm): 5.7 x 11 x 15
  • Includes padded nylon carry pouch, lens cap and 1 x CR 123A Lithium battery
  • 5 year manufacturer’s warranty

They both seem to be made by Bresser and my cheap Lidl microscope by them has certainly been worth the money. Thoughts anyone?

Last edited:

Rod Paradise

Oct 16, 2008
Upper Nithsdale, Dumfriesshire
Is there a way of finding the one nearest to you with the night viewer in stock? Can get very annoying guessing postcodes to check the shops. Would love one to view the quarry out the back of the house at night.

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
... Be wary as CR123s can be expensive to run.

I have a Yukon. It's an image intensifier tube not a CCD, and it was a lot more expensive than the Lidl/Aldi ones. So that might mean it doesn't use as much current, although it does have a built-in illuminator which I use whenever I use it at all. It runs on one CR123. Yes they're a little expensive compared to other types but it's surprised me that I haven't had to replace it in several years of occasional use. Given what I can only describe as the disappointing image quality of an expensive device, I'd be wary of buying a cheap one -- if you can call fifty or sixty quid 'cheap' without first using it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE