Leatherman warranty

Dark Horse Dave

Apr 5, 2007
Surrey / South West London
Just a heads up really

I've owned Leathermans for quite a few years (20 maybe?) and have found them to be very good - certainly very handy for jobs around the house (I don't tend to use them for bushcraft stuff however; never had much use for pliers or screwdrivers in the woods, though I know some folk use them for pot grips). Anyway....

I got a Squirt PS4 for Christmas, and think it's a great everyday pocket tool - I just have it on a bit of cord with my front door keys. A bit flew off the scissors the other day. I'd heard of Leatherman's 25 year warranty but never had to use it, and to be honest thought that there would bound to be some difficulty as the company is in the USA. Not so. I contacted Whitby & Co, who I think are the UK distributors, via e-mail asking about a repair. They came back to me that same day with a polite note with instructions to return the tool to them. About 3 days later a brand new tool arrived. No receipt needed, no argy bargy etc.

All in all a very good customer experience, as they say.

Here's a link, if anyone needs it: http://www.leatherman.co.uk/support/intwarranty

Last edited:

Itzal

Nomad
Mar 3, 2010
N Yorks
I have a couple of Leatherman's, never really had an issue, apart from loosing the screw driver bit. Far better than Gerbers in my opinion, they don't seem to come loose like Gerbers do.

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
No idea about warranty but I'm liking the Leatherman Fuse a mate gave me some time ago.
Decent locking tools than are dead handy and it pretty much just lives in the van.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I had an old style Wave repaired after a "mate" broke the serrated blade trying to open a coconut...
The tool came back from Whitby and co with a new blade, a new diamond hone (which was a bit worn), all sharpened and steam cleaned ... within the week!
Great tools - great service!

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sheesh wish I'd known about this service. For my 10th wedding anniversay my wife bought me a leatherman Sideclip. The side clip broke about 2 years later, so I unbolted (somhow) and binned the broken bit. Had I known they had such a good aftermarket sales reputation I would have sent it to them.

Good to read they provide such a good no quibble service.

My Leatherman supertool is still going strong after 13 years, my only complaint with it was that I slipped when using it for the first time and partially severed the tendon in the back of my left thumb. 6 weeks off work and another 8 weeks (3 mornings a week) physiotherapy. Ask me how much of a numpty I felt doing that?

Itzal

Nomad
Mar 3, 2010
N Yorks
Sheesh wish I'd known about this service. For my 10th wedding anniversay my wife bought me a leatherman Sideclip. The side clip broke about 2 years later, so I unbolted (somhow) and binned the broken bit. Had I known they had such a good aftermarket sales reputation I would have sent it to them.

Good to read they provide such a good no quibble service.

My Leatherman supertool is still going strong after 13 years, my only complaint with it was that I slipped when using it for the first time and partially severed the tendon in the back of my left thumb. 6 weeks off work and another 8 weeks (3 mornings a week) physiotherapy. Ask me how much of a numpty I felt doing that?

I wouldn't use the blades for anything hardcore, I have managed to break a tip off the blade but thats my own fault for getting over excited.

Androo

Nomad
Dec 8, 2010
NW UK
I've only had my Wave a few years, just the other week some pesky young scamp returned it to me with a broken serrated knife. I don't use that blade much but it has started to chew away at my palm when I use the knife...gonna give this a go as I find the Wave useful in so many ways. Thanks Dave, you're a palm-saver! ;O)

Just looking at the Whitby & Co address, they're only 4 miles from me! Might see if I can drop it to them instead of post...excellent!

Wildgoose

May 15, 2012
Middlesex
Have had a leatherman supertool for 12 years and a charge for 7 years. No problems with either. My dog ate my charge sheath and destroyed the tool bit holder. Whitby sent me a new tool bit holder free of charge no quibble at all. Great service all the way.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE