Leatherman Charge Sheath

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Captaincrash

Sep 26, 2010
Canada
I recently made a trade for a Leatherman Charge ALX but it came with no sheath. I had a look at my scraps of leather and sadly, I didn't have enough to make a full leather sheath. Looking around my shop at my options, I saw a knife sheath I made for a friend and decided to have a go with some old Bamboo flooring I had leftover from a recent renovation. Here is the result.

abu6uva9.jpg
e3ane2uj.jpg
nyny8yty.jpg

Captaincrash

Sep 26, 2010
Canada
That looks really nice, but I don't no if its practical.

I understand your concerns, however since it's function is to protect the tool in my toolbox (I EDC my LM surge) it is entirely practical for it's intended use. That being said, this sheath is incredibly strong, held together with epoxy. It does have a belt loop on the back but I have my doubts it will ever be on one.

Last edited:

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
That looks really good to me - I have made several knife sheaths, for fixed blade knives, which are wooden with leather tops - somewhat Scandinavian in look... and some just wooden
Dec07439.jpgDec07440.jpgDec07441.jpg
Bamboo, though grass not wood :) works well by the look of it !

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Middle picture and middle knife, I bought one just like that from Drew a couple of years ago.
I think he may have bought one off me... stainless blade, Oak handle and sheath? Post photos :)
The one in the photo is still in my collection but I did a few in the same style and wood...

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
It has indeed. Its a bugger to sharpen but like a razor when done.

Oh oh sorry for the thread de-rail too.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE