leather work

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jan 21, 2007
norhtumberland
hi, been a while since i've been on, i bit busy at work.
no time to get out in the canoe or walking but had a nice day out on the north east coast last weekend
and it was hot and sunny.
problem is i have problems in bright light and get very bad heads and it spoils the day i've tried all the sun glasses i can afford but its the light getting
in from the side and the top
i have not got the money to buy expensive sun glasses with side shields so
has anyone made or have advice on making leather side shields for my old sun glasses would help a lot
thank you .:cool:

CBJ

Native
Jan 28, 2009
Aberdeenshire
Hi mate,

I know exactly how you feel, bright light triggers bad migraines with me.

I have only seen plastic side shields but you have given me an idea on how to make one from leather, give me a day or 2 and I will get something made.

atb

Craig

colly

Forager
Apr 10, 2010
Edenbridge Kent
i use sun glasses which are really i defenders for manual work i've seen lots of different designs in different tool shops from £7 to £20 as they protect the eyes from flying bits they wrap around more than standard glasses. just choose the ones which give the best cover.

hope this helps

wasteoid

Forager
Jan 6, 2006
uxbridge
I had a Pair bought in Switzerland for going up a glacier. The leather bits had a skinny plastic insert stuck to them and this was in between the frame and lens. With a small cut out for the arm to pass through.

I don't still have them, or I would send them uP for you to see. If you take a pic of the glasses and give some measurements I will make you a pair up from memory. They will either work or not, but as I have a big bag full of leather samples it will not cost me anythin but a little time.

I seem to remember them having a leather nose shield now I come to think about it.

Chris.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE