Leather- where to get it?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

underground

May 31, 2005
Sheffield
I must apologise in advance for this blatant ask, but I know what great bunch we are here so no doubt I'll be able to return the favour one day. ;)

After a lot of 'I must get the stuff I need' I finally rang le prevo up and ordered some tools and thread etc. so I can make something from leather- I figured a sheath for my Frost knife might be a good starting point.

Unfortunately I was told that they only sell in large pieces, so I didn't order an as i don't know how much 'making' I'll be able to do...

So, if anyone has any offcuts or spare material which they would be prepared to let me have- and I don't mean for free, so I can have a go- please would you be kind enought to get in touch? I'd be glad to pay cash, do a trade or whatever....

Thanks for your time folks! :)

underground

May 31, 2005
Sheffield
bushwacker bob said:

Thanks Bob- that's where I bought my tools- but they said they only sell large pieces, hence my request!

And RichUK- I'm interested in making something from leather rather than buying it!!! :rolleyes:
Nice work though, any chance of some of your spare 3.5mm, veg tanned leather? ;)

Longstrider

Settler
Sep 6, 2005
South Northants
Hi Underground,
If all you want is enough to make a sheath I'll post you some. I have black , waxed harness leather about 4mm thick, and some dark brown/maroon sort of colour leather about the same thickness. Let me know which you prefer and PM me with address etc. I'll get it in the mail.

Willowbark

Tenderfoot
Sep 4, 2005
Stroud, Gloucestershire
Hi
It looks like Longstrider might have what you need, but if not, I have some off cuts of deerskin that I tanned myself. It's vegetable tanned and would do well for knife sheaths. pm me if I can help.

Willowbark

underground

May 31, 2005
Sheffield
Dunelm said:
traditionalmaterials.co.uk is an annex to todsstuff.co.uk and sell various leathers, hides and skinds by the square foot

www.traditionalmaterials.co.uk/html/leathers.php

I stumbled on this yesterday as it happens- lovely site, and I will be giving it a more thorough look when time permits.

Well hopefully i should be receiving some leather very sortly- I just sketched out my template this evening...

N

novice

I found e-bay covers my needs and you can also buy of cuts, this saves a load of money. Hope this helps.

underground

May 31, 2005
Sheffield
Ah yeah, I hadn't actually thought of eBay as a place to buy leather, so I'll give it a shot- thanks for the tip novice.

And big thanks to Ian- things are coming together nicely at the moment :beerchug:

Surprised to hear Le Prevo said they only sell in large quantitys, I've bought small pieces from them in the past and found them very helpful, especially if you were buying tools at the same time. I know they've always said on the website that they sell in large quantitys, I wonder if they've decided to actuall start carrying that out :(

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE