Leather supply

Brown Bear

Forager
May 12, 2009
Cambridge
I've recently put a nice oak handle on a Mora blade and made a sheath to put it in. All went well, but the leather I used is rather thin and shiney.

Does anyone know where I can get some 3mm thick veg tan hide without purchasing the skin of a whole cow?

saddler

Forager
Jun 16, 2009
Haddington, Scotland
I've recently put a nice oak handle on a Mora blade and made a sheath to put it in. All went well, but the leather I used is rather thin and shiney.

Does anyone know where I can get some 3mm thick veg tan hide without purchasing the skin of a whole cow?

How much do ya need?
What colour?

I have loads of off-cuts (gimme a rough size estimate of the project)

Jon

Brown Bear

Forager
May 12, 2009
Cambridge
Jon,

Enough to make a sheath for a Mora knife, possibly bodge it up, then make a better one would be marvellous. Some scraps for a belt loop too perhaps.

I'd be glad to cover your postage etc.

craven

Forager
Jan 13, 2008
devon
i have a contact from e-bay, gets me about a foot sq 3mm natural veg tan for 8 pound? i can give you pass you her email if you want?

Legend

Mar 11, 2007
Dubai, U.A.E.
I just baught some 6oz cowhide off eBay for $20. I asked the guy to cut me an 18"x20" section and it's just what I'm after!

He made a special Buy-It-Now for me to buy. Great service, here's the link:
http://stores.shop.ebay.com/stecksstore__W0QQ_armrsZ1 (are links allowed...?)

I also got a lot bits & bobs I was after from there as well - stamps, awls, beeswax, dyes etc

Hope this helps (postage was very reasonable to the UAE)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE