leather stacked handle for fygt gb fire steel.

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
hi lads and lasses, i have made a leather stacked handle for one of the fir steel's that duncan sorted out for us, its a few peices of 6 mill leather i had knocking about, and as they make the knife handles like this, thought i would have a go on the fire steel.
if you could show me all the different handle you have made for these fire steel's that would be great.
any way here's mine.

hope you like it all comments are welcome.

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
That's a nice idea. Care to elaborate on how you did it?
hi mate its the same pracedure, that you would do, if you were to make a knife in this way, sorry i normally do step by step in different pic when i make stuff, if you look at my other stuff you will see what i mean, but as this was just a fire steel didn't think that people would be that interested.
you take you leather, and decide how far up the fire steel you would like, ie, how thisck the leather is, so how many peices you need, punch holes through them and slide them up the for steel, decide if you want it round or square or what ever shape you decide, glue them together, so all the holes match in the middle, slide them up the fire steel, with some epoxy, set the cap you want on top, sand the leather to your desired shape, colour it to what you would like, i used different sizes, to make the two circles on around the fire steel and used a bone folder to burnish them, hope this makes sense, if i ever make another one, i will take some pics next time.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE