leather sheath for bowi knife

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
hi people, i have had a commission form a member on here and bb, he has had this knife for a long time, and asked me to make her some new clothes, after some PMing, he told me what he would like, the sheath has been dyed with fiebing professional dye, and finished with carnauba cream, i coated the inside of the sheath with tan kote to help with the rust element, i have made the catch spring loaded, to help with deployment, and to stop the knife cutting the strap as you draw the knife, i have also added something a little different to this sheath, as with this type of knife when wearing you need to strap it to your leg, so after some thought i wanted to make something unique and a little different, as most leather makers just pop a hole in the sheath, which is fine, so i added the tab which is part of the welt, and made of 6 mill bridle leather, and adds some great character to the sheath, he wanted me to make the dangler system, so that he could take it of when he put the knife in his pack, so i accommodated this with chicago screws, he asked me to match the leather in the handle, and i think it is just about spot on.
here is the knife and sheath.

010 by lucky_lee, on Flickr

002 by lucky_lee, on Flickr

001 by lucky_lee, on Flickr

007 by lucky_lee, on Flickr
i hope you like it.
all comments are welcome

Last edited:

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
thanks mate, really enjoyed doing this one, as i love to give knives like this, some new clothes, and do them some justice, as i think they deserve it, he is sending this of to longstrider next for a complete new revamp, so she will look amazing with new clothes, and a good sharpen and clean up.

ex-member Raikey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 4, 2010
as always mate,....very nice,...

i can see how you apply the idea if logic and functionality when building them ..

Stu,.

Lynx

Nomad
Jun 5, 2010
Wellingborough, Northants
The sheath looks fantastic Lee thanks and I cannot wait to get my hands on it and have a proper look. Hopefully it will arrive tomorrow and so I will post again when I have it in front of me. Thanks also for taking so much time in making sure you did this justice and that it matched my needs; it's really appreciated and it looks like a first class job.

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
thanks for the kind comments lads, they mean a lot, i cant wait for you to get it in the flesh mate, as i try my best at the photo thing, but when you see it in the flesh, thats when you will be truly happy.

Lynx

Nomad
Jun 5, 2010
Just a few words to say thanks to Lee for the fantastic job he has done on this sheath. The quality of the work is superb and he has managed to match the colour of the leather to the leather in the handle perfectly. I have only just picked up my bowie today from Longstrider who has sharpened and cleaned it and tidied up the rounded end of the handle as it was a bit dented and rough. Another fantastic job done and I will post some pics of both shortly as I wanted to include the knife in them.

Lynx

Nomad
Jun 5, 2010
Well finally got the camera out and here are some pics of the sheath:
DSCF2074.jpg

DSCF2073.jpg

DSCF2070.jpg

DSCF2075.jpg

Thanks again Lee; lovely job fella!

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
Thanks bud, i do really appreciate it, i tried to more of a close up on the knife and sheath, but its deceiving how big the knife is, and i could not fit it all in on me camera lol, your shots are great mate, thanks.
take care.
lee

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE