leather pouch

very nice pouch, but I must ask if you don't mind, how do you do that kind of stiching? is it angled to reach the side of the pouch? also do you glue the pouch together and then stich?
sorry for all the questions, but I never made a pouch in this style and never seen one in person, sounds like an interesting thing to try :)

Esteban

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
very nice pouch, but I must ask if you don't mind, how do you do that kind of stiching? is it angled to reach the side of the pouch? also do you glue the pouch together and then stich?
sorry for all the questions, but I never made a pouch in this style and never seen one in person, sounds like an interesting thing to try :)

Esteban
hi mate, its a stitch called box stitching, if i'm honest it took a bit of practice, to get it to this standered, its not an easy stitch to master, but if done properley, its looks in my opinion, superb, as a lot of people wet form things, this is a different way of approching it, as there is place for wet forming things, but sometimes i think this option is very nice.
basicley you have to do your saddle stitch as normal, then you have to do a stitch at 45 degrees, so that there is no stitching inside, its a lot better if i could show you rather than explain, i'm sure some where in this great place there is an thread on box stitching mate, i hope that helps.
kind regards lee.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE