Leather Pouch

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Floki

Tenderfoot
Mar 19, 2016
Slovenia
Hi guys just wanted to share how I make my leather pouches, considering that they come in pretty handy while youre on the field, i use them for keeping my tinder dry and carrying plants and fungi, but they can be used for way more things.

STEP 1: Gather some scrap leather that you have laying around.

STEP 2: Cut out a circle (depending on how big the pouch is).

STEP 3: Hammer in or punch out the holes, again depending on how big the circle is. But you can never go wrong with 1 inch by 1 inch (i did mine 3 cm x 4 cm).

STEP 4: Now that your holes are cut out, choose what kind of material you want your line to be made out of, personally i would go with leather just for the looks of it, but anything will work really.

STEP 5: Thats it, you can add a deer antler button and a knot at the end to secure the whole thing. The only thing i had lying around was a fat piece of leather, so i went with that.

Cheers Floki

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Thats how they made simple pouches in medieval times.

(but sewing a little bag gives more pouchage per leather if you are short of it)

Jan 12, 2014
Hampshire
These pouches look great, nice work! I know Mike from MCQBuushcraft uses a very similar one for his fire kit. I made a much smaller one recently to carry lead balls for slingshot ammo.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE