Leather offcuts

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Hodge

Nomad
Aug 3, 2018
West Midlands
I am hoping to make a leather tinder pouch. Therefore, I need to source a 15 inch diameter piece of leather. Any of you able to point me in the right direction to source leather offcuts of the stated size?

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
If you have the space available then the best option is to buy an old second-hand leather sofa or chair. Skin that and dispose of the carcass, it's mostly rough sawn timber and plywood inside. Fly-tippers also abandon soiled or badly worn examples in the remote places, so remember Rule#1 always carry a sharp pocket knife ;)

Failing that... give me a few days to have a rummage in the garage I've some White/Cream leather from an old armchair in there somewhere

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
Would this be any good to you? The blue thing is a AA battery for scale.
IMG_20180930_114541.jpg
It's the wing off an old armchair made from several pieces stitched together.

Hodge

Nomad
Aug 3, 2018
West Midlands
Bishop.Not sure how to send a pm to you. If you would pm me I should be able to respond. Thank you or sorting out a piece of leather. Sure we can work something out to cover your costs.

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Click on Bishops name or avatar,when the small window pops up click on 'Start a conversation'.

Bishop.Not sure how to send a pm to you. If you would pm me I should be able to respond. Thank you or sorting out a piece of leather. Sure we can work something out to cover your costs.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE