Leather case for uco candle and wind shield.

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
I was asked by a member on our great forum to make him a leather case for a uco candle and the wind guard to go with it, so afte a lot of puzzling and drawing and making different desighns so that they would be as one, and he wanted these too items to be together I came up with this.
It houses the wind shield underneath and the candle on top, he wanted a nice compacted design, but to give the items some care.
He wanted this to be in black, and to have black stitching, I out a little shelf in the inside of the tube, to make that nice and secure, and by doing it that way you can also push the candle from that end for deployment.
hope you like it.

Untitled by lucky_lee, on Flickr

i hope this works as I'm doing it all of me iPad, as I missed the postie today, and me new router so still have no wifi.
take care.
lee.

Last edited by a moderator:

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
superb Lee. nice design to fit them both together i like it. dare i make one for my own uco...hmmmm
Mmmm, I can see a copy right coming lol.
I have not seen another like it and when I get me own uco I'm going to make me self one.
Take care.
Lee.

martsim73

Jul 30, 2012
Wimborne, Dorset
Hmmm... Might think about something for my trangia meths burner and triangle after seeing this.... Now that would be an interesting project too. :D

pauljm116

Native
May 6, 2011
Rainham, Kent
Its perfect Lee, even better than I thought it was going to be. Can tell theres been a lot of thought and work gone into this one and it shows, the fit and finish is superb as always with Lee's work.

I'm really pleased with this one and dont need to worry about breaking another lantern! Cheers Lee, you're a master craftsman! :D

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
Its perfect Lee, even better than I thought it was going to be. Can tell theres been a lot of thought and work gone into this one and it shows, the fit and finish is superb as always with Lee's work.

I'm really pleased with this one and dont need to worry about breaking another lantern! Cheers Lee, you're a master craftsman! :D
You are very welcome mate, and was a nice project to get started on, when I got back of me holiday, back to the grind now, and plough through all the orders that have built up.
take care.
lee.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE