leathe sheath for a chris reeve nyala.

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
I was commisioned to make a leather sheath from a guy on bb for his chris reeve Nyala, as the one that came with the knife he was not that happy with, so he sent me a pic of something that he would like, and he chose saddle tan, as the colour, which i think complements the handle very well, he wanted stitching to match, and for me to make the the retention clasp so that it with stay out the way when being deployed, so i done that for him.
hope you like it.

001 by lucky_lee, on Flickr

002 by lucky_lee, on Flickr

004 by lucky_lee, on Flickr

005 by lucky_lee, on Flickr

008 by lucky_lee, on Flickr

010 by lucky_lee, on Flickr

011 by lucky_lee, on Flickr

013 by lucky_lee, on Flickr

chris reeve nyala by lucky_lee, on Flickr
all comments are welcome.
take care.
lee.

Last edited:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I like that Lee :D
It's a good match for the knife :cool: and it looks very wearable.
What did you do to the inside of the stud base to stop it marking the handle ? or is it just really smooth ?

cheers,
Toddy

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
I like that Lee :D
It's a good match for the knife :cool: and it looks very wearable.
What did you do to the inside of the stud base to stop it marking the handle ? or is it just really smooth ?

cheers,
Toddy
i add a very thin peice of pig skin mary.
thanks for your comments, they are very welcome.

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
i add a very thin peice of pig skin mary.
thanks for your comments, they are very welcome.
you can also skive out the hole so that it sits just under the leather, but i always do one or the other, its very important, and its what a lot of leather workers don't do, its that attention to detail, and me having ocd, in this type of stuff, it would drive me nuts, if i didn't lol.
hope that has answered your question Mary.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I did wonder because I just couldn't see you 'not' doing something to make sure there wouldn't ever be any problem :)

A bit OT but I put a wee disc of split pigskin on the inside of my sandles where the buckles are sewn through to stop it rubbing me into blisters :) It really works and I reckon what you did on the sheath is a great idea :)

atb,
M

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE