Latest Woodburners

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I popped up to my brothers place again yesterday, 1st time for ages.

We chinwagged as normal then we decided to give his latest creations a blast;
PB120099copy640x480.jpg

He's been using the large rusty one outside a lot and he never got round to painting it but it's a cracking piece of kit.

It has a large hotplate and door, as well as a nice sized base, with hinges and fittings he's made himself, as opposed to using cheap bits and bobs from B&Q, as you can see, he's used an old spanner for the door handle.

It's amazing how much control you get over the burn with a decent damper fitted.

The smaller one is an "experimental" test job, in fact its his take on a hobo stove I suppose, it burns incredibly hot, once its up and running and boils the kettle in about 3 minutes!
PB120091copy640x480.jpg

You simply chuck in some tinder and kindling through the neck, then once lit, feed in sticks etc as required, just like a kelly kettle I guess.

PB120078copy640x480.jpg

I say it burns hot when running, but this is it below, when drawing it up and with a flue fitted!:
PB120075copy640x480.jpg

It needs a lot more work of course but as I say it's just in the "experimental" phase at the moment.

Anyway, I just thought I'd post up his latest bits and bob's, hope you enjoy.

cheers

R.B.

Last edited:

rancid badger

Thanks for the replies:)

He's done about 6 so far I think and I'd love to be able to make one myself but my welding looks like a cross between bird cack and fishnet, lumpy and full of holes!

He's always tinkering on with something, either making stuff or stripping /re-building an engine or a piece of farm machinery etc.

He was almost chewing the furniture a year or so back, when he couldn't do much at all due to a shoulder injury.
He still can't do what he used to, but he manages to keep out of the house and in the workshop, out of the way, most of the time;)

Thanks again

R.B.

mbiraman

Tenderfoot
Oct 17, 2011
West Kootenays,BC
Had a fella in my area who did crazy wood stove designs during the 70's and 80's. He died about 5 yrs ago and one of his stoves is his headstone. I like things out of the box, people that experiment.

bill

rancid badger

Rancid, is that small one made from a fire extinguisher?[/QUOTE

Yes it is, but the pot stand is from the top of a gas bottle.

The "halloween" stove is used in the fireplace in his bedroom I think:rolleyes:

They've certainly come on a long way, in not a lot of time from the first two he made:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8D5lZryXWIU

cheers

Steve;)

Last edited:
J

jimmywarwicks

A wood burning stove is a great source of heat. Wood stoves last for 15 plus years and are inexpensive to operate. The classical wood burning stoves have kept up with the changing times as seen in most contemporary homes.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE