Latest trip out - v pic heavy

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Took the boys up the woods on Thursday for a three dayer, had to cut the trip short though as when i went back to the car this morning, which is kept behind a locked gate by one of the land owners barns btw, i found my car had been vandalised, every single panel on the car has been scratched, hopefully they will polish out, which is a job for tomorrow, if i cannot get rid of them im going to have to make an insurance claim for it, this is the first time we have had a problem up the woods, but it goes to show, you are not safe anywhere, i know it happened over night as when i checked the car last evening it was fine then this morning, devistation, didnt even hear the little ******** that did it, wish i had, would have given them a fright if nothing else, anyway few pics from the trip:

Camp area, same spot again, has a really nice feel to it in this area

WoodsOvernight28-29May0915.jpg

WoodsOvernight28-29May092.jpg

WoodsOvernight28-29May0923.jpg

WoodsOvernight28-29May0928.jpg

WoodsOvernight28-29May093.jpg

Stool i made

WoodsOvernight28-29May0938.jpg

WoodsOvernight28-29May0924.jpg

going foraging

WoodsOvernight28-29May0936.jpg

Nettles for dinner

WoodsOvernight28-29May0932.jpg

nice boggy area that we planted up with Reed Mace for a future resource

WoodsOvernight28-29May0933.jpg

me making the above pictured stool

WoodsOvernight28-29May094.jpg

WoodsOvernight28-29May097.jpg

Dinner on the go

WoodsOvernight28-29May0949.jpg

and done

Sausage, bacon, potato (boiled & jacket), carrots & nettles, with ketchup or chilli sauce to accompany

WoodsOvernight28-29May0952.jpg

being devoured, found the stool also made a handy table top as well

WoodsOvernight28-29May0950.jpg

WoodsOvernight28-29May0953.jpg

couple of random shots

WoodsOvernight28-29May0957.jpg

WoodsOvernight28-29May0958.jpg

WoodsOvernight28-29May0961.jpg

WoodsOvernight28-29May0977.jpg

boys enjoying the fire

WoodsOvernight28-29May0976.jpg

and a word to the wise, the poll on an axe hurts, i did this early on in the day, i was hammering in a tent peg got distracted by a fly/mossie, missed the peg and clobbered my thumb with the axe poll instead, strangley no blood and tbh it's not even sore, just a gaping cut though, the reason it's looks a bit white and wet is i had it covered all the time we were up the woods, took the above photo when we got home.

WoodsOvernight28-29May0979.jpg

WoodsOvernight28-29May0980.jpg

Apart from opening my thumb up and having the car done over it was an enjoyable trip, the owls & nightingales were going mad last night, a cresendo of night time song, if it wasnt for the car, we would still be there.

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
Looks like you all had a great time - thaks for sharing.

Leaving my car whilst overnighting is always my biggest worry - hope you catch the little tow rag that did it!

Simon

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Unfortunatley you dont have a chance in hell of catching the little persons of unknown parentage, unfortunatley it kinda puts you off going back up there, ive been speaking with the landowner this afternoon to see if i can sort out alternative parking for the car, perhaps a little nearer to the main house, i can always drop the gear off at the woods, park up at his place and walk over the fields, probably less than half a mile, id certainly be happier doing that.

SimonM

Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
I've started having SWMBO drop me off and then pick me up again next day - a pain for her, but safer for the car.

I used to leave it in a pub car park, but managment changed and now won't let me...

hope the thumb gets better soon!

Simon

locum76

Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
I always worry about the car when i go too. The last trip I took with gregorach we were okay though because it was in a caravan site car park and felt much safer.

I get really paranoid when parking in the Trossachs though because the area is always overrun with folk.

stooboy

Settler
Apr 30, 2008
Fife, Scotland
sorry to hear about the car :( puts a downer on a spot when bad things like that happen. and looks like a cracking little woodland retreat you have there to

Nice post looks like a great spot , sorry to hear about your car, same thing happened to Andys car last time we went out except they popped 2 of the tyres which is a royal pain in the behind as you can imagine, shame people feel the need to do this kind of thing , if i had caught the swine he wouldn't be doing much again :D

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Cheers people, was a great trip, not supposed to be coming home until today, but i didnt want to leave my car there any longer as you can probably imagine, just spent a couple of hours this morning buffing the scratches out, got about 95% of them done, but it's getting too hot out there now to carry on, will have another go later

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE