Large selection of British made vintage tools!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Yo!

I've got a load of great tools here to trade. Too much stuff that I simply don't use and don't have room for.

First off is 8 vintage Marples brand chisels, in varying but good condition. Largest is 32mm and smallest is 6mm. All Sheffield made, made to last a life time and begging to be sharpened and put to use!

Value? Well I've seen individual ones sell for £5-10 depending on condition and size on eBay so.. A trade value of £45?

Next is mortice chisel. Can't make out the brand clearly but its solid and the blade measures 4mm.

Value? Saw one by Marples got for £20 on eBay last night so a trade value of £15.

Next is two England made Stanley wood planes. The darker one is 4 1/2 " and the lifter is 4". Both in 'as found' condition (need a clean and sharpen but perfectly usuable).

I know these planes go for £15-20 when in good nic, but as these need a thorough clean I'd trade value both together at £15 but this is collect only as they're heavy! Unless of course you want to fund the postage.

And lastly is this draw knife by Sorby. Sheffield steel and another lifetime in it. Refurbished by me and all it needs is a final sharpen and some handles. Handles can be bought new for a few quid!

Trade vale is £20.

Please feel free to message me if you want more info etc. I'm open to offers but I'm mainly looking for axes, knives, airguns, catapults, crossbows and stuff like that.

Thanks for looking,

Samon.

( If these dont go as soon as id like I will take them down and put on an auction site to a quick sale)

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Quick bump and if no interest by tomorrow ill remove from here and sell elsewhere..

demographic

Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Remove the lever cap iron and cap iron from the 4 1/2 and get a shot showing the frog and the hole in the lever cap that the screw fits through.

That helps with putting an age on them.

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
4" stanley and sorby draw knife now gone!

superb chisels and a solid old plane remain! perfect for the homestead or chippy in you. ;)

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Pm replied!

I sent one of the planes today and I will have to say collecrion only on the second! Lol royal mail don't half like to charge an arm!

demographic

Apr 15, 2005
-------------
What do you want for the 4 1/2?

How much was the postage for the 4 handplane?

Might be tempted for the 4 1/2 but I do realise its heavier so will cost more.

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
The 4" cost £12 to post! Lol

I'm after an estwing axe, catapult stuff, crossbow stuff like bolts and a stirrup and airguns/stuff.

demographic

Apr 15, 2005
-------------
The 4" cost £12 to post! Lol

I'm after an estwing axe, catapult stuff, crossbow stuff like bolts and a stirrup and airguns/stuff.

Not got any Estwing axes, nor catapult stuff. Flogged my crossbow yonks ago, our family sold any horses we had and I've not owned an airgun since I was about 16 or so.

Sooooo, how much is that for cash?

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Its hard to put a trade value on it due to the silly postage costs. I've seen them sell anywhere from £8-30 depending on brand/size/condition etc.

Lol and I meànt a crossbow stirrup! I don't rust horses enough to ride them..

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE