Large(ish) Aspen Spoon

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex

Made this from half an Aspen log, the spoon is to be used on my stand/stall at the various events i attend, the idea being i can suspend it on some fishing line from the roof of the Gazebo i use and the spoon will spin in the breeze and hopefully draw a few people over, who otherwise might have just walked past.

DSCN6731.jpg

DSCN6725.jpg

Overall the spoon is a little under fifteen inches in length and has a bowl width over just over three inches, the spoon was finished with a sanded exterior (shock horror i used sandpaper:p), but it retains a tooled finish on the bowl section to illustrate the two finishing styles i use, but also, the facets on the tooled finish do catch the light nicely too.

CBJ

Native
Jan 28, 2009
Aberdeenshire
Great work as always mate and a great idea to attach it to the fishing line, It would certainly catch my eye.

All the best

Craig

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Great stuff as always. The aspen tree on my regular dog walk still hasn't produced any leaves - there are buds but everything else is out - hope it hasn't died although if it has, I'll let you know and you can come and get some wood!

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
cheers peeps, got another one that i made a while ago to hang on the other side of the gazebo, hopefull yit wil draw a fgew people in.

@Spandit, cheers ears, gis a shout and i'll pop over with the Sthil, all of the Aspens up at the lakes are in full leaf btw.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE