Laplander Leather Sheath Pattern/Template

Nov 19, 2014
Hackney
I was hoping someone might have a Laplander Sheath template/pattern I could use. I picked up some basic leather working tools and really nice scrap pieces of leather today. It will be my first time working with leather so think it best to start with templates for the first couple times.

If anyone can help me out or point me in the right direction I will be really greatful.

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Why not make your own? I have used an old cereal packet in the past, just cut it open, wrap round and cut to shape. Make sure you leave a little room as the thickness of the leather can affect the size. ;)

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Just as g4ghb says, make your own. It's quite likely that you will end up with almost exactly the same shapes as everyone else anyway, most "designs" are more or less predictable when talking about leather working.

There are no big secrets to this sort of thing, just make sure you give yourself plenty of leeway.

If you can get your hands on some vinyl floor stuff, of a similar thickness to the leather you intend to use, it might make a better template than card etc.

good luck

Steve

Matt77

Dec 6, 2014
Scotland
Hi there,
Ive used THIS TUTORIAL to sheath a knife I made. You make a template to fit the knife, ensuring a perfect fit.

I made this knife and sheath from a Karesuando kit, but I didnt use the plastic liner that came with it.

sheathdone4.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE