Lanyard beads

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wander

Native
Jan 6, 2017
Here There & Everywhere
Could do.
For example, they might be used as pace beads. Or something else.
Or they could just be adornments.

Have you got a picture of one that's causing you to scratch your head?
Might be able to give a better answer that way.

Reactions: The Frightful

The Frightful

Apr 21, 2020
Essex
Could do.
For example, they might be used as pace beads. Or something else.
Or they could just be adornments.

Have you got a picture of one that's causing you to scratch your head?
Might be able to give a better answer that way.
Nothing specific, just sprang to mind whilst putting a new lanyard on my tramontina

Ozmundo

Jan 15, 2023
Sussex
I had have made pace counters using plain pony beads, I don’t ready like the black commercial paracord ones. Probably due to my snobbery!

I’ve used beads as stoppers on a small accessory cord loop. Works okay.

A row as a handle on a small bag. This uses less cord than a woven/paracord grip.
Can be quicker to make if the beads are loose on the cord but I don’t like this effect. Snug on the cord is better but much more fiddling about to thread each bead.

MrEd

Life Member
Feb 18, 2010
Surrey/Sussex
www.thetimechamber.co.uk
I use them, but not on a knife, I use them for pacing - I use 9 beads on the lower bit and 4 beads on the top seperated by a knot. Lower beads are 100m and upper beads 1000m - i havE it attached to my compass lanyard. My stride varies per terrain but it gives a good indicator of distance travelled tbh

Last edited:
Reactions: Ozmundo

Kadushu

If Carlsberg made grumpy people...
Jul 29, 2014
Kent
I generally hate lanyards on knives but I put a short one on my Mayflower because it was quite a tight sheath and there's not much handle to grip. The bead is mostly decorative.

SaraR

Mar 25, 2017
Ceredigion
"Decorative" beads also add a bit of structure and protect the cords, so can be added for those reasonstoo, as well as to provide a bit more to grip around.

Kav

Nomad
Mar 28, 2021
California
‘Prayer Beads’ are a common tool in many religious traditions. When my memory of a knot suffers a senior moment, reach for an item left at home, extract a ferro rod gone feral; I thumb the beads on my knife scabbard and mumble the universal cosmic ( brought on by comic planning) supplications all traditions share, Oh Sh**!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE